Free Benefit Information Guides for IIH UK Members!
Please note, due to the size of the guides unfortunately we are unable to provide physical copies. The cost of printing and postage is too high. You will receive the guides as a digital pdf file.
The guides we have available are;
Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - PIP began replacing DLA for working age claimants from 2013
1. Guide to claiming PIP.
2. I’ve been awarded PIP, what else can I claim.
3. Guide to PIP mandatory reconsiderations and appeals.
4. Ways to Challenge a PIP report
Attendance Allowance (over 65)
5. Guide to Attendance Allowance on Physical and Mental Health grounds.
Child DLA Claims – There are no plans to introduce PIP for children.
6. DLA claims for children on Mental Health grounds
7. DLA claims for children on physical health grounds
Adult DLA Claims
8. DLA Renewal claims for adults on mental health grounds.
9. DLA Renewal claims for adults on physical health grounds.
10. Ways to challenge a AA/DLA Medical Report
11. 70 questions you're likely to be asked at your DLA medical.
12. A letter from Chris Grayling, minister for employment, confirming that claimants can ask to have their DLA medical recorded provided it takes place at a medical examination centre rather than in the claimant's home.
13. Guide to DLA and AA reconsideration & appeals. - This guide can be used by claimants and support workers alike to challenge decisions made on or after 28th October 2013.
14. Appealing against a DLA or AA decision. – This guide can be used by claimants and support workers alike to challenge decisions made before 28 Oct 2013.
15. Giving persuasive information about how far you can walk.
DLA Changes and Renewals
16. DLA renewal claims factsheet.
17. Changes of circumstances for people claiming DLA.
Other Resources for DLA
18. Attendance Allowance medical report form - A copy of the medical report form completed by doctors carrying out AA medicals
19. Disability Living Allowance medical report form - A copy of the medical report form completed by doctors carrying out DLA medicals
ESA Claims & Appeals
20. Being transferred from Incapacity Benefit to Employment and Support Allowance.
21. Understanding ESA
22. ESA claims on physical health grounds: a guide to the work capability assessment
23. ESA claims for Mental Health and Learning Difficulties: a guide to the limited capability for work assessment
24. ESA mandatory reconsideration and appeals – for decisions made on or after 28th Oct 2013.
25. Sample Letter asking for your WCA assessmentl to be recorded.
26. WCA Handbook - 194 page guide to carrying out work capability assessments for use by healthcare professionals. There are references to extracts from this Handbook throughout the guides to claiming, alerting you to areas where you may be incorrectly assessed and telling you what to do about it.
27. Ways To Prevent And Overturn ESA Sanctions
28. Permitted Work - An explanation of the different types of paid work claimants can undertake without it affecting the finding that they are incapable of work.
All of these guides are available to help you understand the process of claiming and appealing and also what is expected from you. If you need further assistance with a claim, contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or call the Benefits Enquiry Line on 0800 88 22 00
Not all IIH patients will necessarily be eligible for benefits since IIH patients suffer symptoms to varying degrees. Your entitlement will be decided by how your condition affects your ability to carry out certain tasks.